Have you ever wanted to fly? Many kids aspire to work as Cabin Crew after graduating from high school. They desire to work in the aviation industry. As we all know, the aviation industry is well known for its lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
Let me start by saying that Flight Attendants, Air hostesses, Stewards, and Cabin Crew are all the same thing. All of these people work on an airplane. Females are referred to as Air hostesses, while males are referred to as Stewards.
Many kids aspire to work as a cabin crew after graduating from high school. But do you have what it takes to work as a Flight Attendant? If not, don’t worry, we’ll tell you what you need to do to become a cabin crew member after 12th grade.
What exactly is a Cabin Crew?
The cabin Crew is the people that work in an airplane. Throughout the trip, they deliver the best customer service to the guests. The cabin crew assists guests in all situations and is responsible for resolving passenger issues. When the passengers require them, these members are always available.
Passengers, as you can see, call cabin crew for food, drink, or any other necessity. The cabin staff is educated to handle security and emergency situations, and they may offer first aid to any passenger who needs it.
Eligibility to become a Cabin Crew
Intermediate or graduate is the minimal requirement for becoming a Flight Steward & Cabin Crew. The candidate must have completed the 12th grade in any subject (Arts, Commerce & Science). There are several institutes in India that provide diploma courses in the field of aviation following the 12th grade. Some airlines also offer three to six months of training.
Airlines hire students based on the following eligibility criteria:
- Age Requirement: Must be under the age of 25
- Minimum height: 5.5 to 5.9 feet
- Weight: In proportion to Height
- Status (Martial): Unmarried
- Vision is required to be 20/30 or superior.
- Education: A graduate degree or high school graduation with a three-year diploma is required.
- Other restrictions include no tattoos, piercings, or outlandish hairstyles.
- Languages: One national language and one international language.
- 6/6 eyesight is required.
- You are permitted to wear contact lenses.
- There is no color blindness.
- The hearing must be satisfactory.
- The eyesight must be fine.
- Speaking must be acceptable.
Other Requirements and Qualities:
Aside from the aforementioned qualifications, the job of Air Hostess necessitates a few more. Aspirants who want to pursue a fulfilling career in this profession should also possess the following characteristics. They are as follows:
- Excellent communication abilities.
- Foreign language proficiency.
- Positive personality.
- Mindfulness and fast thinking are required.
- Capability in leadership and teamwork.
Jobs and Careers
The aviation business is developing as a result of an increase in new airlines. As a result, career prospects for Cabin Attendants are expanding at a rapid pace. Youngsters have fantastic job possibilities and excellent growth opportunities not only in India but also worldwide.
Flight attendants have an exciting job profile since they can travel all over the world and see different cultures while making a good income.
Courses for Cabin Crew
There are three main types of Cabin Crew courses available in India. They are as follows:
- Certificate courses.
- Diploma courses.
- Degree courses.
After completing their 12th grade, eligible individuals may pursue certificate courses. There are also some PG certificate courses available. Because such certificate courses are established and crafted by the individual institutes that offer them, the course time and content may differ from one institute to the next. Fast track certificate courses last for three months. The general certificate course lasts 6 months to a year. Some well-known certified Air Hostess courses include:
- Air Hostess training (certification)
- Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant (certification)
- Flight Purser (certification)
- Aviation Management and Hospitality (certification)
- Aviation Customer Service (certification)
- Airlines Hospitality (certification)
- Hospitality and Air travel Management (certification)
- Airline Passenger Service (certification)
Air Hostess diploma programs are available immediately following the completion of the 12th grade. There are also various PG Diploma courses that can be pursued after graduating. Individual institutes also have design and craft diploma degrees. The length of the course may differ from one institute to the next. The average course duration is six to twelve months. The following are some well-known Air Hostess diplomas in Air Hostess training:
- Diploma in Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant training
- Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Aviation Customer Care
- Diploma in Hospitality and Travel Management
- PG Diploma in International Airline and Travel Management
- Diploma in Travel, Hospitality, and Tourism Management
Degree courses are the most valuable of the three main course formats! A typical degree program lasts three years. There are also two-year special degree programs established with the trade of Air Hostess and Aviation hospitality in mind. Some well-known Air Hostess training Degree programs include:
- B.Sc. in Air Hostess training.
- B.Sc. Aviation.
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Travel Management.
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management.
- Degree in International Airline and Travel Management.
So, here is a detailed explanation of how to choose the course of Cabin Crew after the 12th and the “Best Cabin Crew Courses After Plus Two”Cabin crew jobs are among the highest-paying vocations in India. This work has numerous benefits and advantages. You will have the opportunity to travel throughout the world and visit new sites. You can go for it if you enjoy wandering around and discovering new areas. I hope this post has helped you choose the right option.